Self Financial, Inc. helps consumers build and build credit histories. We’re a venture capital-backed financial services startup based in Austin, Texas. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their way to financial security.
There are approximately 100 million people in the United States who have poor credit scores or have no access to credit. Unfortunately, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks do nothing to change the situation because it is not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be a barrier to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or a house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you will most likely pay a lot more interest over the life of that loan.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people with accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing our mission requires close collaboration between our teams to ensure that our products reach the people who can benefit the most.
We are looking for people who share a passion for our mission and who understand why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who are motivated to take on challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our business – truly great. We are only looking for the best.
If you are as passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About the role:
The Credit Risk Analyst is responsible for the success of the credit strategies of managing secured and unsecured credit card accounts.
This includes strategy creation, implementation / management, testing and improvement, audit control, and policy / procedure. This is a very collaborative role, working across all areas of the organization to ensure success.
Terms & Conditions
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, finance, economics or a related analytical field and / or extensive industry experience (master’s degree preferred)
- Solid experience and experience in portfolio analysis, adaptive control strategies (including Champion / Challenger testing), SQL programming, analytical tools (SAS, R or Python), project management, design and development ” running tests
- 5 years of analytical experience, with at least 3 years of direct experience in consumer credit card management
- Familiarity with using internal, desktop and alternative data sources to develop and maintain strategies
Main tasks :
- Create and manage account management policies including: line management, high risk payments, authorizations, pricing, and retention policies
- Present the results of the analysis and proposals for improving strategies to senior management, including measuring the impacts on the income statement
- Create and maintain a policy / procedure related to the credit strategy
- Perform continuous testing and analysis to refine strategies over time
- Work across departments to create and maintain a data structure to manage these programs
- Ensure proper execution of account management strategies through detailed audit protocols
Our compensation and benefits are competitive, but there is one thing Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can change the world in a positive way, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the United States do not have a credit score due to a lack of credit history. Self solves this problem with innovative technology and partnerships.
Our advantages include:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental coverage
- Take advantage of our holiday policy – there are no policies, balance matters
- Educational aid
- Free gym membership
- Plenty of snacks and drinks provided
- Casual dress code
- Company lunches with catered on Mondays and Wednesdays (when work in the office resumes)
- Happy hours and team events (when office work resumes)
- Downtown Austin Offices
- Remote working arrangements / Flexible work schedule (due to the pandemic)
The way we deal with each other is the way we deal with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you will take this approach.
Self Financial requires that all hired employees successfully pass a background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer.